Idiosyncratic technical note no. 4: Calendaring in molasses
For some reason, iCal recently slowed way down on me. Like “click and go make coffee while iCal finds focus” slow. I found a solution in the comments thread here and it seemed worth sharing.
- Quit iCal
- Find ~/Library/Application Support/iCal
- Move the entire “Sources” folder to the desktop
- Re-launch iCal. It will look horrifyingly empty for a few seconds, but will rebuild shortly, inserting all your previous tasks, schedules, subscribed calendars, etc.
- Take it for a spin; it should be much faster
- Trash the old Sources folder (note there’s a new shiny one in the directory)